A 10 Point Brand Evaluation
Your brand is the image of your business that connects you to your customers and prospects and keeps you in their minds. It’s the umbrella idea that should be carried through in all your marketing and sales efforts. Yet many business owners only think about their brand when they first start in business.
Here are 10 key points for having a brand that makes it hard for the right prospect to resist you. Use these points to help you evaluate how well your brand is representing your business.
How many of the following points are you doing well?
1. I have a business vision and mission. My brand is based on this and is consistent and comprehensive.
2. I have identified colors for my brand and use them consistently.
3. My business name relates to the brand and is easy to remember and spell. I own a domain name related to my brand name.
4. I know my target audience and how my brand appeals to them. I can articulate not only demographic information but also character traits that make them ideal clients for me and my brand.
5. I know how my brand is different from others whose work may look similar. I know what makes me unique and why my clients purchase from me.
6. I have a logo that is consistent with my brand, includes the brand colors, and is simple and clear. I use it anywhere my brand is represented.
7. I have a tagline for my brand that highlights how my business is distinct and adds clarity and meaning to what my business offers.
8. My brand has a personality that I have described with a list of characteristics. This personality is true to my own personality so that it builds a connection with my audience.
9. Every medium that I use for marketing (social media channels, website, blog, email, paperwork, etc) contains elements of my brand and they all are consistent with the overall message.
10. My brand is recognized on its own, so my business is known at a glance by the people who need what I offer.
If you are coming up short in a few areas, spend some time working through that area. Or reach out for help.
Knowing and using your brand informs everything you create in your business. Without a solid, consistent brand, you are likely losing trust and clients.
Myra Love is Co-founder and Director of LARYM DESIGN, an author, and a digital marketing coach. With over 30 years experience, she works with entrepreneurs and business owners to take their businesses to the next level.