Why Invest in a Professional Logo Design?
Some things are worth the expense. Your business is your passion and something you have a major investment in for your future. To brand your business with an unprofessional or poorly designed logo would be WRONG, like putting a bumper sticker on a luxury car. It simply deserves better treatment.
These are the top 7 Reasons to Invest in a Professional Logo Design.
- Your logo is your first impression. It is in the header of your website. It appears on business cards, products and usually, on a t-shirt or two as well. This symbol represents your business and your products. If it is anything BUT stellar, it will leave prospective customers feeling a bit leery of choosing you. If your customer thinks your logo looks tacky, they might wonder if your products or services are too.
- Logos help to shape your brand. Your brand plays a large part in appealing to your specific customer demographic. You want your logo to look professional. Your target audience should always be taken into consideration during the design process.
- You want to be taken seriously as an authority in your field. Unfortunately, most people do “judge the book by its cover” and similarly, a business by its design. Having a clean and professional logo and consistent branding is one way to set yourself apart from the amateurs! You want your logo to be memorable! Think about Apple. Think about McDonald’s. A clean, strong and professional design is easy to remember. In fact, sometimes it is unforgettable! This is priceless for your business.
- When your logo isn’t done by a trustworthy professional, you risk design integrity. A true-blue, original, one-of-a-kind logo should cost much more than a few hundred dollars. Your logo designer should be spending 15-30 hours researching, experimenting and designing. All of the ideas and concepts should be original. A cheap logo sometimes means a lazy logo. If your designer ‘borrows’ an idea from someone else’s work and matches it too closely, you run the risk of trademark infringement.
- A professional logo lasts for a long time. Brand once, brand strong. It might cost you a little more upfront to iron out all the details and have the work done by professionals but it is easier on your company, your customer, and your checkbook, than having to do a completely new brand.
- A good logo gives customers an expectation for the feeling of your business and products. It sets the mood! Don’t set the mood to “Hmm, something feels a little off.” Set the mood to what you feel is most profitable to your business. Do you want to reach out to your customers and make them feel secure? Do you want them to feel adventurous? Curious? A professional logo designer can take this into consideration and add subtle elements to encourage the feelings or thought processes you desire.
- Poor marketing and sloppy design are some of the reasons for that half of all businesses fail in the first five years. Pay attention to the details and keep your dream alive by having an aesthetic that is clean and says “We have our act together. We are offering something that you can count on being awesome!”
If you aren’t proud of your logo, it might be time to get a professional re-design. If you don’t have a logo yet, now is a good time to start looking for a professional! Remember, your logo design plays a large part in attracting customers and determining their first impression of your business.
Myra Love is Co-founder and Director of LARYM DESIGN, an author, and a digital marketing coach. With over 30 years experience, she works with entrepreneurs and business owners to take their businesses to the next level.